Ryebuck Media Pty Ltd has kindly provided the following educational resources for the
Australian Curriculum - History.
PDF Classroom Resources
- Why did the Government lie about the bombing of Darwin?
- How did Indigenous Australians contribute to the Defence of Australia in World War 2?
- Defending Australia: Australia and the Pacific War
- How does a society respond to war? Investigating Australia during the ‘Battle for Australia’ in 1942
- The Battle of the Coral Sea – did it save Australia?
- Bombing raids on Darwin 1942–43 (Word File)
- War in the North – Memories of a Chaplain (PDF)
- Reports from Darwin (PDF)
- Darwin Defender Memorial Poem (PDF)
Why did the Government lie about the bombing of Darwin?
Watch the video and read more about this on the Australian History Mysteries website - www.AustralianHistoryMysteries.info.
When The Bombs Rained Down On Darwin
Written and performed by Gary Luck and the Lightfeet Band. Recorded by Fred Pilcher, arranged, mixed and mastered by Keith Potger (The Seekers). Images courtesy of the Australian War Memorial and other personal collections with permission.
Audio Only version